Can you believe that December 25th is exactly a fortnight away? I don’t tend to get very Christmassy all up in this blog (or life in general), but I have to admit the trees and lights and sweet treats everywhere make me a little excited for the silly season. Anyway, with the festivities looming I thought I’d share a few seasonal links with you all!
- I know I’m ten years late on the bandwagon, but I recently watched Elf for the first time when it was on TV. I’m a big baby and obviously enjoyed every bit of it, but my favourite part has to be this rendition of Baby It’s Cold Outside. This version by Jayme Dee is spot-on too, and I still find myself coming back to it in the middle of the year!
- Etsy’s newsletters are probably the only ones I don’t mind receiving, and I’ve come across so many cute items through them recently! I especially love the idea behind this unconventional tree from Cardboard Christmas.
- After many failed attempts I swore never to bake macarons again, but these peppermint ones look too tasty not to try! I think it’d be an awesome way of using those pesky candy canes that always seem to be left once Christmas ends.
- These DIY gold mugs are simple but pack a punch, and I seriously want to customise them for myself now! I think they’d make perfect gifts for any tea or coffee lover in your life.
- The likelihood of a white Christmas in Australia is akin to that of ever seeing a unicorn, so these Anthropologie-inspired snow globes are probably the closest I’ll ever get to one! I’d even swap out the ornaments just so I could use them all year round.
- I’m probably jumping the gun here, but I can’t stop marvelling at this 2014 calendar from Rifle Paper Co. The illustrations are gorgeous, and I’d get it in a heartbeat if I didn’t need a calendar that I can actually write on!
If you have any other interesting tidbits to share, feel free to do so! Meanwhile I don’t know what’s going on with the twinkly picture that animated itself, but I hope you enjoy it and the rest of your week.